Friday, March 8, 2013

Goodbye Baby




Today was a tremendously difficult day for me. I had to say goodbye to my baby, Dyson.

We arrived at the vet's office, and then had to wait about 30 minutes in the waiting room. We were surrounded by loyal companions and their parents. We discovered that the end of the day is reserved for appointments that do not have a happy ending. I noticed that as each parent came out, muffling their crying in a tissue, they were presented with a white package from the vet. When it was our turn we went in the office and got to spend a few more minutes with our precious baby. They laid him on the table and he snuggled into us as he finally fell asleep forever.

On our way out of the office, we were presented with a white package. Inside was a candle and a poem attached to it. Here is the poem:

My Forever Friend

I know that it must be different,
Now that I am no longer here.
I realize how much I was loved
And how all of you did care.

I know it will be hard at first
When you look around for me.
Expecting to find me in my bed
Or beside my favorite tree.

Someday you will begin to see,
Although it'll take some time,
The happy times you shared with me,
The memories are yours and mine.

I'll remember you, my family,
And how much you meant to me.
So please don't grieve and don't be sad,
It was just my time to leave.
************************
Now that you may be crying yourself, here is my note to Dyson.

Dyson, I will miss coming home to your hugs and kisses. I will miss our cuddle sessions on the bed while watching TV (especially after daddy left for work in the morning). Most of all, I will miss how no matter where I went you had to sit on my lap. You were the largest, but definitely, the best lap dog I ever had. You were loved beyond belief and will be missed every day. I love you baby.

Hugs,
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss Jenni and Chris. I know how much you loved Dyson. Goodbye's are always very difficult. I know you will miss him very much. Much love and many bear hugs to you both. Mom

    ReplyDelete