Thursday, May 3, 2012

Knit Nite

As many of you know, my dad passed away in July of last year. After his passing I struggled with my creativity. I felt like I didn't want to be creative or enjoy the process of creating. Luckily that time has passed and I find myself creating again.

Recently I decided to start attending Knit Nite at my LYS (the Purlside). After several weeks of Thursday nights with fellow knitters and crocheters, I am happy to announce that I am feeling more and more like myself again. I find that I truly enjoy sharing stories, patterns and projects with like-minded people. I find myself looking forward to Thursday nights. I'm drawn to the stories of others. Often I find that I'm drawn to projects that my fellow Thursday nighters are working on. I am constantly in awe of those that diligently stick to the large and labor intensive projects. Sharing moments with others about my constant need to not become bored with my projects for fear of giving up is just as enjoyable.

I think that my emotions will always be up and down when I think of my dad. However, I feel that I now have a place to share with others in one of my passions. For all of you that knit or crochet, I would encourage to find a group of people to share this experience with. You won't be disappointed.

Hugs,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment