Sunday, July 26, 2015

July - A Tough But Productive Month

Every July begins with my memories of my daddy going into the hospital due to a stroke. That is followed by the date of his birth/death. (He died on his birthday.) Just as I am recovering mentally and emotionally from this, my grandmother's birthday comes along. I often reflect on how I wish I had spent more time with her doing things that I loved. She was a whiz at anything she tried. Whether she was cooking, sewing, or crocheting, grandma was all in. Everything had to be perfect. As this very emotional month winds down, I decided to share with you a few of the activities that I conquered in honor of my grandma. I began the month making my delicious butter. I finished a granny square blanket.
It truly is relaxing to feel the yarn run through my fingers. Then I jumped into canning a strawberry jam.
Although I don't think it is beautiful in presentation, it certainly is mouthwatering. That was followed by a batch of scrumptious cheese.
It is so incredible that it is hard to keep stocked. After all of this yummy goodness, I decided to use up my material supply in the craft room. I have begun working on a English Paper Piecing quilt.
It is the perfect on the go sewing project. I can take a small sewing kit, and work while we travel. Everything is done by hand to piece the quilt top together. It will take awhile, but it is definitely worth the time. Next I began making my mama's divine apple sauce.
Again, this is another treat that is hard to keep stocked. We have a couple of spoonfuls with every dinner. My most recent endeavor was my version of my daddy's salsa.
However, this time I made it mild so that I could share with others. This is my all-time favorite condiment. I literally put it on everything. This week I will be tackling a blueberry jam or a blueberry butter. I haven't quite decided yet. They are both delicious, but I'm not sure which one I want just yet. The ingredients have been purchased, but I haven't made up my mind. I'm thinking about making a video on how to make the blueberry dish. You will have to tune in next time to find out what I do. Until then, I sending out happy thoughts for you.

Hugs,
Jenni

3 comments:

  1. You have been very, very busy! I was lucky enough to be the recipient of some of that, and just so you know ~ Mmmmmm good!!! Thank you so much! You are a blessing and an inspiration! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's inspiring to see how much lovely stuff someone like you can produce, in so many creative ways. You remind me of another amazing woman I've enjoyed following for several years...her blog is "I Live on a Farm", and she also writes, paints, knits, cooks, cans, and creates (I have one of the little creatures she makes from woodland gatherings, a "Thistleonian"). Love what you do and the heart that goes into each creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I like to keep busy, and the more I can create on my own instead of purchasing, the better I feel. It adds a special touch. :)

      Delete