Monday, January 18, 2016

My First Video Podcast!

I have put off the idea of creating a video podcast because I truly felt no one would want to sit and watch me talk. However, I have had several requests recently to get out there and post one. The holidays were just too busy to think seriously about what I was going to talk about. With the start of the new year, I decided I would try this new approach to blogging. I have been working on organizing and setting up a space in my creative room to film my podcast. I finally got it together and jumped in. I welcome you to my newest form of blogging: video podcasting.

Welcome to my new podcast - Everything Jenni.


I mention in the podcast that I would provide show notes in my blog. So here there are.

Ravelry: Everything Jenni group
Instagram: jenniburgan
Etsy Shop: Everything Jenni

Works In Progress (WIPs)

Christmas Eve Socks (Little Bobbins Knits)
  • Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock
  • Colorway: Clematis
  • Needles: Karbonz Circular – Size 1
  • Pattern: Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes
  • Notes: I used the “eye of partridge” heel flap and the rounded wedge toe.

Coziest Memories Blanket (Junkyarn)
  • Yarn: various fingering weight/sock weight
  • Colorway: various
  • Needles: Hiya Hiya Sharps 16” Circular – Size 2
  • Pattern: Junkyarn

Hiker Socks
  • Yarn: Neighborhood Fiber Company
  • Colorway: Druid Hill
  • Needles: Karbonz Circular – Size 3
  • Pattern: Ragg Hiker (Two At-A-Time Socks Book)
  • Notes: I’m making the men’s size medium, so I cast on 60 stitches.


Sewing Projects
  • Medium size project bags will be available in my Etsy Shop soon


Finished Objects (FOs)

Shawl
  • Yarn: Madelinetosh Chunky
  • Colorway: Tart
  • Needles: Knit Picks Harmony Interchangeable Circulars – Size 10
  • Pattern: Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West
  • Notes: I changed yarn and needles to larger sizing. The Elizabeth Zimmerman sewn bind-off is fabulous, but requires a lengthy tail to sew. It can be time consuming.

Slippers
  • Yarn: Malabrigo Rios
  • Colorway: Arco Iris
  • Needles: Knitter’s Pride – Size 4.0 mm DPNs (pattern calls for 4.5 mm)
  • Pattern: South Marysburgh Slippers
  • Notes: I changed my cuff to be a K1, P1 rib stitch for four rounds instead of the seed stitch cuff. I am also adding the Fiber Trends Suede 2-Piece Slipper Bottoms in size medium and charcoal coloring. I had enough yarn to make two pair, but on my second pair I am using a different colourway to add a much taller cuff for a winter slipper.


Recipe
  • Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup from Tasty on Facebook
  • Notes: Make sure that your stovetop portion of the recipe is thickened before adding to your slow cooker to cook for an additional 30 minutes. If it is not thickening add a little more flour.


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you join me for my next podcast.

Hugs,

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment