Friday, August 15, 2014

Blueberry Butter, Delicious!

With the end of summer approaching, I thought it would be nice to have some jam around through the winter. Of course I wanted to make it myself, so I just started canning this past week. I began with a strawberry jam, but I wasn't completely satisfied with the results. It turned out a little too syrup-like for me. The taste is wonderful, but I'm not sold on the texture. This week blueberries were on sale at the market. I searched for a recipe to try and found one for "blueberry butter." The best part is that it is made in the slow cooker. It took all day yesterday to cook, but by the time I went to bed I had a delicious looking blueberry butter. This morning I decided to try it on my English Muffin. Wow! I was ecstatic that this turned out and was absolutely delicious!
Have you canned your own jams, jellies, butters, or other special foods? I'd love to hear about what you have done and how it works for you. Please share any special recipes you find you could not live without.

Hugs,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment