Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Thornless Raspberry Adventure




I walked out to water my plants this morning and found I had actual raspberries. I was so excited. When I bought the plant from the local nursery it was just a bunch of sticks. The lady at the nursery told me I wouldn't be able to grow this plant in this area. I asked her why they would sell it because it wasn't cheap. My online research told me that it would be fine, as it is a hybrid thornless raspberry. Of course she didn't have an answer. As I was leaving, another employee was so excited about the plant. I relayed what I had just been told and she said that it should do great. Heading home I had mixed feelings about spending so much money on a "maybe" plant.

Over the next few weeks it began to really grow. I was beginning to get a tad excited. Then flowers bloomed and I knew what would follow. So this morning I have actual raspberries. They aren't red yet, but I'm hopeful it will be a wonderful, producing plant.

Do you have favorite plants you are growing? I'd love to hear what plants you absolutely could not live without.

Hugs,
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your success! Glad you took the initiative to investigate and take the risk. Your reward was probably doubly exciting!

    ReplyDelete