Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pullet's Corner - Sleepless Nights




"Happy Tuesday! Welcome back to Pullet's Corner!"
"We had a sleepless week, didn't we Holly?"
"We sure did, cheep!"
"Let me start by saying, cheep, we absolutely love the dried meal worms mom and dad have been giving us."
"They sure are delicious! Cheep! Cheep! Every time we see mom coming, cheep, I hope we are getting a few."
"Now Holly, we are getting off point. This week we have been visited quite a bit by the neighborhood peacocks."
"At first we were intrigued, but then they didn't stop squawkin' all night. If you could see my eyes you'd see that I have NOT been getting my beauty sleep. And Sabrina is ready to go wing slap 'em."
"I tell ya, those birds are annoying, cheep. Just when you think they have calmed down, they fly into the yard and stir up a ruckus."
"Of course, we do get a kick out of watching mom chase 'em out of the yard. Cheep!"
"It is hysterical. She runs around waving her arms and yelling, 'You are ruining my garden.'"
"Boy am I glad that it's not us! Cheep, cheep!"
"Well if any of you have some ideas on how to keep the peacocks out of our yard, I'm sure mom would be grateful."
"I think our time is up."
"Until next week, keep cluckin'."

Sabrina and Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment