Monday, January 28, 2013

Artful Monday Musings




When I was a little girl my mom bought me a lot of the Serendipity Series books, the first one being, "Leo the Lop." They were written by Stephen Cosgrove and illustrated by Robin James. These books were and still are my all time favorite books. Each one tells a fantastic moral tale, and the illustrations are breathtaking. I went through school telling everyone that I was going to be a children's book illustrator because I was so inspired by these books. Although I'm not an illustrator of children's books, I am an artist and I often think back to the Serendipity Series for inspiration. I would give just about anything to own a copy of every book in this series. So today I will leave you with the moral of the story from "Leo the Lop:"

"You're special because you're you."

Hugs,
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this slice of your life. Wish the Serendipity books were still at the corner bookstore. They really did offer the most wonderful encouragement to young children to live a kinder and more thoughtful life. And the artwork was the eye catcher that drew me to them in the store so many years ago. I sincerely hope that you are able to complete your collection.

    ReplyDelete