Sunday, January 13, 2013

Impromptu Photograph Opportunity




My husband and I went to Disneyland yesterday and had lunch at La Brea Bakery. While sitting enjoying a cup of joe, this bird caught my eye. As I watched I realized it was a hawk. I was amazed at how he stayed so close to the people dining. As I approached him to get a photograph, I saw that he had caught another bird in his talons. He was hanging out on this branch by one of the patio dining heaters trying to get warm. Of course I had to take a million photographs. Since I wanted to share with you all about Hipstamatic this month, I took this image (Lens: Lucifer VI, Film: Claunch 72 Monochrome, no flash). As you can see, the effects are stunning, but the camera app has its limitations. I could not zoom at all. So although I loved the image I did get with Hipstamatic, I also took a close up shot with my regular iPhone camera app that you can see below.



Here I was able to zoom in for a close up and you can see the difference between cool filters and lenses in Hipstamatic vs. the plain zoom camera on the phone. What an amazing lunch! I love impromptu photo opportunities!

Hugs,
Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah; I would've been taking a lot of pics of that, too. Very cool. (Though I would've been a little bit sad to see the other bird being dinner.)

    Your app did give you a pretty cool pic; too bad no zoom. I checked out some reviews of the app--lots of complaints of crashing and losing photos. Not sure I'd want to risk that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri, I have not had a problem with crashing or anything in the app. I guess I've been lucky. It does have limitations, but often gives cool effects to fun photos.

      Delete