Saturday, January 19, 2013

One of those moments...




Have you ever experienced someone else's pride? How did it make you feel?

Today I had one of those moments. I wish with every fiber of my being that I could erase the pain it caused me. When it happens once, you recover and try to move forward. When it happens repeatedly for 15 years that challenge feels like trying to move a mountain.

Sometimes the other person is unaware of how it made you feel. Other times they may try to beg for forgiveness, and you do your best to forgive them. That helps them feel better, but what do you do to erase the pain YOU feel? Can there ever be resolve and happiness between you? Or is it a situation where you are supposed to ALWAYS be the bigger person?

I believe that repeated actions that cause so much pain can also be forever damaging. It is too much to ask of someone to proceed as if they have not been hurt. We are only human, right? Yes, we make mistakes, but at some point we have to ask ourselves, "When is it enough?" When do we stop accepting apologies? When do we start expecting people to do the right thing and always show kindness and respect to others? For me, I think that day is today, or I am going to forever be broken.

In light of my most recent experience, I challenge you to always put your best self out there, and let others see the beautiful person you are. Be an example that people admire and even aspire to be. Whether you hurt someone or you have been hurt, show kindness and compassion to your fellow man. Do your best to be positive. And, if you happen to step outside of yourself and hurt someone's feelings, don't push them to forgive you so that you can feel better. If we all make the effort to be better people, we can see the world change.

Hugs,
Jenni

3 comments:

  1. I love your challenge! YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON!!! So kick that negative and thoughtless action out of your head, don't let it have any impact on who you are, and move forward with the knowledge that YOU ARE LOVED beyond measure by everyone who really knows you! If I could pick you up and hold you in our rocking chair from your childhood, and kiss and hug you tight until all of the pain was gone, and most importantly, pray with you, I would. I can and will pray for you to remain the person in your own challenge, the little girl who has me stop the car to help an elderly woman who fell down on the street, the woman who asked her husband on an icy evening out to give a freezing homeless man his favorite warm jacket that he himself was wearing, the aunt who lights up the faces and hearts of all of her nephews and her niece, and the daughter who always puts a smile on the heart of her mother just by being so kind, giving, loving, creative, intelligent, true, caring, strong, passionate and loyal. You are beautifully, uniquely and wonderfully made by a Creator who loves you enough to hold you in the palm of His hand and comfort you! Love and hugs to you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do most everything from the heart and don't seek recognition. It is humbling to have such an impact on you. You are too kind.

      Delete
  2. Jenni, of course I don't know the details of this and I guess you can't really post them, but your entry hit home. I have a family situation like this. Every time the hurtful person does or says something hurtful,to me or to others, I ache for days. It could be something as simple as choosing a pair of shoes or something as complicated as discussing politics. This person has no idea how much she is hurting others, and when I respond by standing up for myself, I feel worse than ever. I am made to feel like it's ME who's done something wrong. It's so sad, because it's family. I'm starting to believe that this blog is just as cathartic for me as it is for you! Big hugs from #699

    ReplyDelete