Saturday, January 26, 2013

City Girl




One of the drawbacks to growing up and living in Southern California is that you are a city girl. Here we expect electricity, gas, and running water. We also look for ways to make the simplest of things complicated.

Recently, I was in Solvang with Christopher. While shopping in quaint little stores I came across this incredible container. It actually keeps your butter soft and fresh for up to 30 days. Now I'm sure that if I lived in the south I would know all about this. However, being a city girl looking back to her family's country roots, I was unaware. Today, we city folk look to make butter soft by adding oil and charging more money at the market. Who knew that you could let butter soften all on its own, put it into this porcelain container, add a little cold water, and have fresh softened butter that doesn't need to be refrigerated? What a concept!

If you have any experience with this or other great ideas for staying as close to organic as possible I'd love to hear about it.

Photo: (Lens: Loftus, Film: DC, no flash)

Hugs,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment