Sunday, January 27, 2013

Who Is This Man?




Today I had the pleasure of spending time with my family. My mom had my brother, sister and me go through some of my dad's things. It's always tough to reminisce about a deceased love one. However, we always seem to turn it into a little bit of fun. This time there were a few of my grandpa's hats in the mix. They brought about hoots of laughter. In this case my brother put them all on to model them for us, including the one in the above photo (which may be my grandpa's, or my dad's, hat since they were both "Jess"). I took the opportunity to photograph it with an old time feel (Lens: Tinto 1884, Film: D-Type Plate, no flash). My brother's rugged looks add to the authenticity of old photos.

I know family time isn't always rosey, but what do you do for fun with your family? I'd love to hear all about it.

Hugs,
Jenni

6 comments:

  1. Aww that is lovely, so now you have another precious memory - how gorgeous, love the pic you clever thing :)
    Blessings
    Cher
    UBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher,
      Thank you for stopping by. I am lucky to have moments of fun with my family.

      Delete
  2. That does sound like fun. Nice pic too. Dropping by from UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy. Since my siblings moved a little farther away I don't have nearly the amount of opportunities to spend time together.

      Delete
  3. Great picture! Some of my fondest memories were when my brother and sisters and I would meet at our parents' house (back before we all got married) to just hang out and watch What Not to Wear. It really is the simple things that end up meaning the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a great storyteller! Terrific one, and the photo is amazing. I love special moments with family.

    ReplyDelete