Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recreating History




Normally, my weekends, and some of my weekdays, are filled with lazy mornings. Recently, Christopher and I went to Solvang and while there we purchased the small coffee grinder you see in the above photo on the right. I bought it with the intention of using it on my camping trips that I don't have power so that I could have freshly ground coffee beans. While I was there I shared a story with Christopher. I remembered my mom and dad using a larger coffee grinder that I would love to have, but I wouldn't ask for it.

Well mom saw my new little purchase and said she had one. I told her that I remembered it well. She offered it to me. Of course I said "yes!" When she gave it to me she told me a story of how years ago she and my dad were in Solvang. They saw this coffee grinder in one of the quaint shops and my dad bought it for her (the grinder on the left in the above photo). The story brought tears to my eyes. Without even knowing it, Christopher and I had recreated this same story. I now have both coffee grinders, and on those lazy mornings I pull one out and use it proudly.

Do you have any family treasure that has been passed down? Do you have something with a great story behind it? I'd love to hear about it.

Photo: (Lens: Foxy, Film: Sugar, no flash)

Hugs,
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Really heartfelt story. I too am very attached to things that hold a particular sweet memory for me. Am also pleased to see such a lovely heart of gratitude. It's nice to see a "family treasure" in a good home.

    ReplyDelete