Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hiking Through Hipstamatic: Day 2 Ultimate Blog Challenge




Last year I embarked on a journey to lose weight and get healthy. One of the ways in which I chose to get in shape was to get back into hiking. (I live near some of the most beautiful trails in Southern California.) My goal is to keep it up and build my strength and endurance to be able to take a weekend backpacking trip.

I also love to take photographs. Since the iPhone became a viable option for fun and interesting photography, I've downloaded several camera apps. One of my challenges this year is to give each of them a serious try and let my readers know what I think. This month I chose to play with Hipstamatic.

So, yesterday I combined two of my goals and went hiking with my husband and my dog. While hiking I took several shots with one of the options on Hipstamatic (Lens: Lucifer VI, Film: Ina's 1935, no flash). Above you will see one of those photographs of my dog, Dyson. He patiently waited for me to adjust my camera and take this shot. I like the color I was able to produce in daylight without a flash. I also like the way that the photographs are already square in shape and ready for Instagram. I will continue to work with the many film, flash, and lens options available in Hipstamatic and let you know what I think.

Hugs,
Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like this camera effect! I got a Panasonic Lumix camera for Christmas and it has several options for effects like this. It also has a touch screen, which I just discovered. Plus, Dyson is adorable!
    Jane #699

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your camera! I hope it brings you pure joy with taking photographs. I haven't tried all of the effects yet, but I definitely started with one that I love. Dyson is my baby and growing quite old. He can't make most of the hikes we do, but this one is okay if we take it slow and rest for him. :)

      Delete