Sunday, January 6, 2013

Seizing Opportunities




So, my trip to Solvang this weekend created an opportunity to stop into Santa Barbara and see one of my favorite "sisters." Julie and I met through Sisters on the Fly. We rarely get to see each other, unless we are at an event together. Passing by her house at a time when she was actually available was perfect. Not only did I get to see her adorable house for the first time, but I got to meet her entire family. We talk about them all the time and I feel like I already know them. Today was a memory I will not soon forget. It just reminded me that we need to seize every opportunity to visit with people we love. (Love you Jewels!)

This photograph was taken in her quaint backyard. (This is where she also has incredibly cool chickens! Real, live chickens!) Although I'm normally a fan of the film used, the lens comes across as a washed out image, almost like an aged photograph. Hipstamatic: (Lens: Bettie XL, Film: Ina's 1935, no flash)

Hugs,
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Glad you two had a chance to get together!! xoxo to you both.

    ReplyDelete