Thursday, January 10, 2013

Embrace the Child Inside




Today I was driving home from my LYS (local yarn shop) and the wind started blowing. Leaves began to swirl through the air. The clouds raced through the sky. The trees rustled to the melody of the wind. The smell of rain took my breath away. I had this moment when I felt like jumping out of the car and running through the falling leaves. I literally stopped the car in the middle of the parking lot, not in a parking stall mind you, but the middle of the driving path. I pulled out my iPhone camera and began to snap away. I was swept away in the moment of childhood when you don't have a care in the world, and you have all day to just watch the leaves fall. I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman to those passing by, but I did not care. I was embracing the child inside of me.

How often do you take the time to do something fun and crazy, like a child would? Are you too afraid of what people think? Or, do you find daily moments to embrace your inner child?

Photo: Hipstamatic (Lens: Kaimal Mark II, Film: Ina's 1982, no flash)

Hugs,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment