Friday, January 4, 2013

Comforts of Home: Day 4 Ultimate Blog Challenge




It is rare to find a "fast food" restaurant that provides the comforts of home. How many times have you wished that dinner was made for you while you got to snuggle in your jammies by a toasty fire? Tonight my husband, Christopher, and my mom, Yvonne, went to Round Table Pizza. It is your average pizza joint, but the pizza sure is tasty. In this particular pizza parlor there is a large fireplace surrounded by a table. We got lucky and it was open. We got to sit around the fire eating pizza while talking and laughing. Although I didn't get to sit around in my jammies, the fire created such an inviting environment that we stayed for 3 hours. Yikes!

On my Hipstamatic journey, we of course documented the evening with a photograph. Here I am all smiles for the camera, but secretly wishing I could finish my blog on my iPad. My mother is permanently connected to her phone. Rather than smile for the camera, she is busy telling my brother that she "is" in fact listening to him. (Lens: Jimmy, Film: Ina's 1969, no flash).

Do you have a favorite restaurant that provides some of the comforts of home? I'd love to hear about it.

Hugs,
Jenni

4 comments:

  1. Nice Jenni! I wish we had a restaurant like that. Closest experience for me is a chain of coffeehouses, Caribou Coffee. Many of them have comfortable seating near a fireplace. A relaxing way to spend some time with a favorite person or a good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I love coffee houses. They are my favorite! I'm always offering to meet people for coffee, or I just take a book and enjoy a coffee on my own. Thanks for stopping by and come back again. :)

      Delete
  2. Well, the best we have is Taco Time. It is a Northwest tradition, and you get homemade Mexican food. It's nice, and for as much as we go there, we should buy shares in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, homemade Mexican food is a staple in my diet. My husband wants it at least once a week. I know what you mean about buying shares in a place you are a frequent patron. Thank you for your comment. Please stop by again.

      Delete